Friday, January 16, 2009

Secular Propagandists in My Son's School

Okay it's time to get ready for a rant. For all of you liberal types reading this - you'd better strap your seatbelt on because it's going to get rough. The other day I came home from work and my ten year old son asked me if I knew about Orcas. Living in the Pacific Northwest I have learned a thing or two about these creatures (other than what Shamu taught us all when we were young). I told him I know of them but encouraged him to tell me what he'd learned at school that day. He said they'd had a 'guest' speaker come in and tell his class all about the evil's perpetrated on these poor defenseless creatures by humans (who are generally evil, malevolent polluters but we'll get to that in a second). This guest speaker told the class that Orca's are an endangered species and the reason for this is that evil, lazy, greedy people are illegally dumping bleach from paper mills into the ocean. This is killing the salmon (which the Orcas feed on) which then starves the Orca. I know that public schools have for a long time been propaganda mills and indoctrination stations for our nation's youth but when will we wake up and say enough is enough? Should I complain to the school? Should I send an email to the teacher and express my outrage? Would it do any good? What I did do is encourage my son to verify what his teachers tell him. One should not blindly accept the tenets of another and we should each be diligent in our pursuit of truth and knowledge. For my part I intend to be there for both my boys as long as the good Lord allows me to be to guide them as best I can.

No comments: